Everyone knows that raising your children is the toughest, most important and most rewarding job you will ever take on. If there was ever a time when you needed your village, it’s now. After talking to other parents we came up with a list of ten people your child needs to have in their life. Remember surrogates can fit into these roles as well.
1. A patient mother to act as both councilor and coach.
2. An attentive and involved father to guide them.
3. A loving grandma, because no one loves you like grandma.
4. An Adventurous grandpa to teach them about having self confidence and trying new things.
5. A teacher they can trust, because teachers often spend more time during the week with our kids than we do.
6. A cool aunt, to help parents remember that they were young once too.
7. An awesome uncle, because sometimes it’s okay to get away with stuff mom and dad would never let you do.
8. A clergy person to help answer all of those important questions
9. A noisy neighbor to help look out for them.
10. A trusted adult other than mom and dad in those times when they just need another adult to talk to.…